From bookstore to bookstore, library to reading nook, overflowing reading room to designated book chair, it seems readers far and wide all share a few linking characteristics, some common little ticks that identify as bookworms.
In fact, there are five oddly specific and super endearing traits that keep on popping up like a children's book staple. Do any of these things sound like you?
- A dog-eared page sends you into a deep, seething rage - pages are friends, not meant to be destroyed!
- When people ask you to describe yourself, you immediately jump to literary comparisons. (Are you maybe “a Lizzy Bennet with some shades of Jo March"?)
- When it comes to interior design, forget trendy furniture, accent walls and impressive windows. You design your abode around our collections of books! Will this reading room be large enough to house your library? How can you decorate you living room so your bookshelves take center stage?
- When given the choice between a night out (ie - expensive, exhausting, possibly cold) or a night in reading (ie - cozy, full of imagination, warm), it’s pretty much a no-brainer.
- You have VERY strong opinions on physical books versus eBooks (Team gimme-real-paper v Team light-and-easy)
Do any of these traits sound like you?